Trade Effluent - what is it and how can we help?
Trade Effluent is any liquid waste (effluent) other than surface water and domestic wastewater which is discharged into a public sewer from premises being used as a business – e.g. manufacturing, launderettes, car washes and food processing.
Trade effluent consultancy
We offer a service which may reduce your trade effluent bills.
How do we do this?
We have trade effluent experts with decades of industry experience who can carry out a desk-top audit of your current trade effluent bills and make recommendations or come and visit your premises where they can :
- Review your current wholesale tariffs to ensure you are not being overcharged
- Challenge your current wholesaler or retailer on your behalf where necessary, making the whole process to amend your charges or recover overspend simple and easy for you
- Ensure compliance with the water and wastewater elements of your ISO 14001 accreditation
- Review your existing Consent Document and ensure you’re paying the correct amount based on the discharge volume - or even help you apply for a new Consent if required
- Help you with non-conformance notices
- Provide recommendations for pollution prevention risk to surface water drainage, watercourse and foul sewer
- Advise and assist with applications to the Environment Agency for discharge direct to watercourse
We recently conducted a review of trade effluent charges for one of our national brewery customers.
We discovered that the wholesaler had not applied the relevant large user tariff based on aggregated water consumption for the multiple supply meters.
In total, we were able to save the brewery £80k from their bill, with one simple process.