Legionella Risk Assessments
Who should have a legionella risk assessment?
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 dictates that every business who has 5 employees or more should have an up-to-date risk assessment to protect their staff, customers and reputation. In the event of an outbreak, if you can’t provide proof of a risk assessment and legionella control, you will be legally responsible.
Legionella is a water-borne bacteria and affects the over 50s, people with existing diseases and poor immune systems. Symptoms are similar to those of pneumonia.
What does a legionella risk assessment involve?
One of our qualified risk assessors will carry out an in-depth review of all locations in your premises. They will take water temperatures and check them against the acceptable range and trace pipework and its sources where possible.
They will take photographs of all the sites, and identify and prioritise any risks and compile an asset list.
Water assets include water tanks, showerheads, hot and cold water systems, cooling towers, swimming pools, water fountains, spas and sprays.
Legionella Risk Assessment Report
One of our Business Solutions Managers will personally deliver and present your bespoke so that you can review it together. Your legionella Report will include:
- Schematic drawings
- An asset list
- Photos of all your water assets
- Recommendations such as legionella monitoring and other remedials to keep you safe and legally complaint.
Specialists in legionella Risk Assessments
AquaCare are a legionella specialist company, local and owned by South West Water, so you know you’re in good hands. We are competitively priced and reliable. All our directly employed engineers are City and Guilds qualified with many years’ experience.
Speak to Aquacare today to find out more about ACoP L8 and discuss or arrange a Legionnaire’s risk assessment by calling 0845 603 2152 or fill out the contact form above and we’ll be in touch.
Our Solution to Legionella Monitoring
Ensuring you have a robust water hygiene monitoring regime can be complicated
and expensive, especially if you have remote or seldom visited sites, but it is
critical to employee and customer safety as well as a legal requirement.
To meet this challenge, as part of our AquaTeq services, we have developed a
brand new automatic flushing and temperature testing unit. The specialist unit
automatically monitors outlets, dynamically controlled remotely via an online
portal, saving your business both time and money whilst strengthening your
Key system benefits of our testing unit
- Real-time monitoring and reporting of all required water outlets
- Improves employee utilisation by freeing up time to work on other tasks whilst automating the legionella compliance process, removing the risk of human error
- Configurable reporting schedules from once a day to once per month
- Automated routine flushing at required intervals - thus avoiding the need to have an employee on site to flush outlets
- Automatic temperature testing and real time reporting as per business requirements
- Alarm notifications if temperature thresholds reach trigger limits.
AquaTeq – The future of Legionella Monitoring and Compliance
Our automatic flushing and temperature monitoring unit is state-of-the-art. For more information, click here to find out more or fill out the contact form above and we’ll be in touch to arrange a meeting with one of our experts.