Legionella Risk Assessments
Who should have a legionella risk assessment?
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 dictates that every business who has 5 employees or more should have an up-to-date risk assessment to protect their staff, customers and reputation. In the event of an outbreak, if you can’t provide proof of a risk assessment and legionella control, you will be legally responsible.
Legionella is a water-borne bacteria and affects the over 50s, people with existing diseases and poor immune systems. Symptoms are similar to those of pneumonia.
What does a legionella risk assessment involve?
One of our qualified risk assessors will carry out an in-depth review of all locations in your premises. They will take water temperatures and check them against the acceptable range and trace pipework and its sources where possible.
They will take photographs of all the sites, and identify and prioritise any risks and compile an asset list.
Water assets include water tanks, showerheads, hot and cold water systems, cooling towers, swimming pools, water fountains, spas and sprays.
Legionella Risk Assessment Report
One of our Business Solutions Managers will personally deliver and present your bespoke so that you can review it together. Your legionella Report will include:
- Schematic drawings
- An asset list
- Photos of all your water assets
- Recommendations such as legionella monitoring and other remedials to keep you safe and legally complaint.
Specialists in legionella Risk Assessments
AquaCare are a legionella specialist company, local and owned by South West Water, so you know you’re in good hands. We are competitively priced and reliable. All our directly employed engineers are City and Guilds qualified with many years’ experience.
Speak to Aquacare today to find out more about ACoP L8 and discuss or arrange a Legionnaire’s risk assessment by calling 0845 603 2152 or fill out the contact form above and we’ll be in touch.
Legionella Risk Management
Legionella risk assessments frequently call for taps to be monitored. In practice this means running them for two minutes and recording the temperature. This is a significant cost in man time and management. The records must be stored for
years and the test regime will run indefinitely.
AquaCare have partnered with NFC Group who have developed an automatic flushing and temperature testing unit, that can be dynamically controlled on the Genius smart building platform. This allows tests to be scheduled according to
needs and all the reports generated automatically whilst removing the risk of
Key system benefits of our testing unit:
- Real-time monitoring and reporting of all required water outlets
- Automated routine flushing at clients’ required intervals
- Client configurable reporting schedules from once a day to once per month
- Five years of historical data on interactive platform
- Automatic temperature testing and real time reporting as per clients’ requirements
- Real time alarm notifications if temperature thresholds exceeded + or - values
- Automatic time stamping and creation of ‘further action required’ documentation
- Battery powered devices, clients’ choice from 1 to 3 years
- System works over the Orion Data Network making it cost-effective and simple to run
- Removes human error whilst automating the legionella compliance process.
- Improves workforce utilisation by freeing-up their time to work on other tasks.
- Meets all food hygiene standards
Specialists in legionella Risk Management
Our automatic flushing and temperature testing unit is state-of-the-art. For more information, click here or fill out the contact form above and we’ll be in touch.